TANDEM Touring Kayak
- Two-person touring kayak
- Super stable and easy to paddle
- Gear hatch with plenty of space for an overnight trip
- 2 Paddles
- 2 Life jackets
SEA Touring Kayak
- Fast kayak for lake paddling (or flat rivers)
- Plenty of gear space for overnight trips
- Stable and easy to paddle
- 1 Paddle
- 1 Life jacket
|Touring Kayak Rental Prices|
|Over- night*||1/2-day||1-day||2-day||3-day||4-day||5-day||Additional Days||Damage Deposit|
|Sea Kayak Package||$50||$50||$70||$90||$110||$130||$150||$20||$1200|
|Touring Kayak Package||$70||$70||$100||$130||$160||$190||$220||$30||$1300|
How It Works
- Check the calendar for availability. Only reservations are listed on the calendar. If it’s not listed, it’s available.
- Reserve your kayak and specify the number of rental days and the dates. Over-night rentals can be picked between 5 and 6pm, then returned between 10am and 11am the following day.
- A 1/2 day rental can be picked up and returned between 11am and 5pm. You get a free pickup and drop off day for rentals that are a minimum of one full day. Pick up after 5pm and return before 11am.
- Your card will be Authorized (not charged) for the amount of the damage deposit at the time of pickup.
- When you return the equipment, bring it to the back of the store.
- Clean the equipment, then notify an employee that you are ready to check in.
- Review checklist and finalize paperwork.
- A 50% non refundable deposit is due at time of reservation.
- Experience is strongly recommended to rent an inflatable kayak. It looks easy, but you still need to know how to paddle a kayak without just going in circles. Swimming ability and physical fitness are absolutely necessary. Helmets are necessary, unless paddling on a lake.
- If you reserve a kayak that is reserved, yet not marked on the calendar, we will contact you immediately to resolve the issue. It’s rare, but it’s possible for a kayak to be double booked before the calendar is properly updated.
- When you pick up the equipment, you will need to load it onto your vehicle. It’s the driver’s responsibility to check that the gear is loaded properly and will not fall off the car. Ropes or cam straps should be connected to the grab-loops of all kayaks on a roof or in the bed of a truck. It’s not sufficient to just run straps over the boats. They MUST be connected to grab-loops.
- Please clean all equipment before returning it. A wet sponge is fine. Make sure there is no mud or dirt on the board or stuck to the grip deck. Make sure all fins are attached properly to the stand up board.
- Once the gear is clean, bring it to the back entrance of our store. Notify an employee you are ready to check in the gear. They will check all equipment for damage. If there is damage, your security deposit will be held until the cost of repairs are determined. At that point, you will be notified of charges, and they will be added to your card. Then the security deposit authorization will be lifted.
Rental reservations begin April 15 for the upcoming season.