- Check the calendar for availability. Only reservations are listed on the calendar. If it’s not listed, it’s available.
- Reserve your kayak and specify the number of rental days and the dates.
- Over-night rentals can be picked between 5 and 6pm, then returned between 10am and 11am the following day.
- A 1/2 day rental can be picked up and returned between 11am and 5pm.
- For a full day rental or more you are able to pick up your kayak between 5-6pm the day before and return it between 10-11am the day following your rental.
- Your card will be Authorized (not charged) for the amount of the damage deposit at the time of pickup.
- When you return the equipment, bring it to the back of the store.
- Clean the equipment, then notify an employee that you are ready to check in.
- Review checklist and finalize paperwork
- Experience is strongly recommended to rent an inflatable kayak. It looks easy, but you still need to know how to paddle a kayak without just going in circles. Swimming ability and physical fitness are absolutely necessary. Helmets are necessary, unless paddling on a lake.
- If you reserve a kayak that is reserved, yet not marked on the calendar, we will contact you immediately to resolve the issue. It’s rare, but it’s possible for a kayak to be double booked before the calendar is properly updated.
- When you pick up the equipment, you will need to load it onto your vehicle. It is the driver’s responsibility to check the gear is properly loaded. Inflatable kayaks can deflate and roll up in the trunk, or be strapped to a roof rack.
- Please clean all equipment before returning it. A wet sponge is fine.
- Once the gear is clean, bring it to the back entrance of our store. Notify an employee you are ready to check in the gear. Inflatable kayaks must be inflated for check in. We have an electric pump you can use. They will check all equipment for damage. If there is damage, your security deposit will be held until the cost of repairs are determined. At that point, you will be notified of charges, and they will be added to your card. Then the security deposit authorization will be lifted.